Friday, October 26, 2012

Ballina whilst fixing the boat

Gaz tried to bring the boat Mialo from Hervey Bay to Sydney but only managed to get to Ballina due to a few hiccups along the way. But what a great spot to stop! He anchored her in the river and arranged for a time to get her out of the water up on the slipway for some much needed tlc. This has meant we had to come back up to Ballina to work on the boat whilst she is out of the water. Ahhhhhh it's a hard life I tells ya!

So Gaz drove up to Ballina with the camper trailer and set up in the Lakeside Caravan Park. Sam and I flew up to Ballina on Thursday to join Gaz at the caravan park. Now Sam and I are having a little holiday whilst Gaz works on the boat.

I got to see her for the first time yesterday and I'm happy. Yes she has been stripped back and the guts ripped out of the inside but we got a fantastic fun family boat and by investing the time work energy and a bit more cash it will be worth the effort.

So Gaz was up at day break and off the the slipway. Sam and I are exploring around the area. I wanted to get up to the breakwater but Sam found the water beaches and rocks to play in along the river so we are stuck here for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment