Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Only a little more than 3 weeks and we'll be heading towards warmer weather!

It snowed on Friday - its been frosty most mornings since.  I'm really looking forward to heading towards warmer weather.  I'm spending the time getting organised and am already packing things - We are going to be so much more organised than we have been on past trips.  I've being buying extra meat and putting it straight into the ARB fridge freezer.  Its set to freezer so everything is being put into freezer bags and frozen into place.  I found some good vacuum packed steaks at Aldi - 4 to a pack at $19.99 a kilo.  We are trying to get a bit more frozen meat to take with us this time as we remembered back to when we traveled to Cape York and the prices were through the roof and to actually get some meat was near impossible.  I have also chucked in a few salmon portions, some baby octopus and sausages.

The 80 Series is booked into the mechanics tomorrow for the rego to be renewed and then Gaz will go over a few bits and pieces to  get it up and running and ready to roll.  He's been working on some lighting - flood lights on poles to be set up on the edge of the campsite - he has them on dimmers so we can change the light settings.

We'll then get stuck into the camper trailer.  Its booked into the auto electrician for the wiring.  The lights, indicators etc are not working again.   I've pulled stuff out of the trailer, washed all the linen again and put it back in.  Now trying to work out some kind of storage system for under the bed - like maybe a cube shelving type system that I can put collapsible boxes full of clothes/shoes/swimmers etc in but leaving half of the underneath compartment to store bigger items.

I'm sitting in the lounge watching Love Child on TV and thinking in just over 3 weeks time I will away from this and enjoying the bush television on the same channel every night!  I love that channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment