Thursday, June 28, 2012

4 more sleeps!!

Ohhhhhhh nearly there!  I finished my last shift at work yesterday - not a good day, week or month to say the least - but its over - no longer going to think about work until I get back in August.  Gaz surprised me with getting an ARB bullbar and WARN winch installed on the Landcruiser - plus he got a set of ARB drawers and fridge slide installed in the back - the Landcruiser looks so good!!  We are going to be organised for anything! 

I get the job of packing things into the new drawers - this is really exciting for me - isn't it funny how this simple task can create such pleasure!  The trailer has gone into the auto electricians for a second battery to be installed, some strip lights placed in the storage drawers and a check of the electrics prior to leaving. 

My holiday starts today so im spending most of today in pj's on the couch doing a bit of googling for spots to visit along the way.  One thing im definately keen on is taking a boat trip across to Thursday Island when we reach the top and have a drink at the "Top Pub". 

We originally thought Sarah and John were flying out on Saturday night but turns out they fly out Sunday so we wont be leaving until Monday morning.  We will be seeing them off at the airport for their big OE - they will be travelling through Europe for the same amount of time we drive to the tip of Australia and back. 

So I have today (Thursday), Friday and Saturday to pack everything, do the last minute grocery shopping and get everything organised before we leave.  YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment